From: webobjects-dev-bounces+jbrook=upcbroadband....@lists.apple.com
[webobjects-dev-bounces+jbrook=upcbroadband....@lists.apple.com] On Behalf Of
Mike Schrag [msch...@mdimension.com]
Sent: 25 March 2010 20:20
To: Marc Guenther
Cc: webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com
Subject: Re: Snapshots mysteriously vanishing?

>> by any chance was this an EO in a parent editing context that also existed
>> in a child editingcontext?
>
> I don't think so, but I'm not sure. That particular EO could have been in all
> differents ECs at the time, as it's entity is used all over the place.
>
> Do you have anything specific in mind?
yeah, there's a bug with refcounting of eo's in child ec's if the parent ec
copy of the EO gets garbage collected ... the result of this bug is
disappearing snapshots. this specifically applies to eo's fetched into a child
that were already fetched into the parent, though, not to peer ec's.

ms

This email sent to jbr...@upcbroadband.com