On Apr 19, 2010, at 8:01 PM, James Cicenia wrote:

> well say let's talk hypothetical.
>
> In portion we have some dynamic graphs and in the other
> are we have a dynamic spreadsheet of changing values.
>
> All of this is read only data compiled from many different EO sets.
>
> James

Well, if they're changing, they can't be read only (^^)  But they're EOs...
that's what I really wanted to know.  Ok, so lets say you have a live stock
price chart... You're really just displaying an embedded list configuration.
The dashboard component that produces the pretty chart can be written using D2W
as a subclass of the list page template with something like SVG to display your
data.  You would embed it in your UserHomePage configuration using a D2WList.
If it isn't related to your user in any way, you'll need to generate your
EODataSource using logic from somewhere.  If it is somehow related to the user
(the user's personal profolio or something), then you can create a detail
datasource off the user object.

I don't see why you would need a dummy entity for any of these things so far.
Your UserHomePage entity would be your user entity. Your embedded stock
dashboard list page would be your stock quote entity, and so on.