On Apr 22, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Farrukh Ijaz wrote:

Hi WOGurus,

1. We've few applications based on same database structure. What happens, one of the application after approximately 500 hits gets down. What can be the reason for that? (I know the question is too broad but would appreciate for any clues).

What does "gets down" mean? Runs out of memory? The JVM process crashes? Deadlocks?

2. Sometimes the logs show message with Runtime Exception "Statement running too long" what can be the reason.

The statement running too long? Un-optimized or sub-optimal SQL can cause this. Which database? Using Wonder?

Does the database backup running on the same database can cause this problem? If yes, how to fix that?

It could by making the machine slower. The fix is database dependent. You could replicated it on a different machine and backup that machine.

3. I've read in the documentation that we can have multiple editing context but all of them by default share 1 database context.

More importantly one database connection.

What I understand from this is if we configure pooling setting in the properties file it won't have any affect since there is only one channel for database. Is that right?

I guess that depends on which pooling you are referring to. One I am thinking of randomly assigned an EOF stack wtih DB connection to new sessions.

If yes, how can we enable them to utilize connection pooling without creating multiple database contexts per session.

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.