JavaScript is the only solution that I can think of.

Chuck

On May 17, 2010, at 4:57 AM, Simon wrote:

hi all -

our apps use long response pages all over the shop, and we've had a few reports of users getting stuck on them. after mucho debugging we've discovered that wonderful IE (7+) has an option to disable meta refresh, and various reports on the intertubes that it's disabled by default in various versions.

i normally get annoyed with IE browsers wanting to warn about every minor glitch on a page ("HEY, just in case you're interested there is a js variable undefined on this page that you're never gonna use, but i thought i'd tell you about it anyway, just to get in the way and make your life a little less productive. ok?"), but with this one IE does just the opposite: nothing at all. you hit the long response page and sit there...

anyway, i've been googling around for solutions and turned up nothing. i guess the options are either to detect they have it turned off (which appears to be impossible), or use another form of refresh.

anyone bumped into this one before ? any hints on solutions ?

thanks, simon

This email sent to ch...@global-village.net

--
Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.