Well, evidently, I need to start from scratch, because none of these changes
made a whit of difference.  I still get no d2wcontext, and get the same NPE.

I wish I knew what it was that I broke, so this would seem less like black box
magic and I had any understanding of it to fix my own issues.  C'est la vie, I
guess.