Well I have no explanation.

I thought it might be that apache needed to be restarted, so I did, then opened
a new tab and the old site appeared in a recently visited panel of "Top Sites"
(even though previously the new site was there), but I clicked on it, and it
still doesn't load.

I don't even know what files or configurations to change.  I vaguely remember
doing things in those files years ago, but not since.  No one else would have
done anything.  Perhaps the dynamic dns app isn't updating or something.