On Sep 17, 2010, at 1:24 PM, Paula Loehr wrote:

> Hi,
> This is my first time to post a question to this list, so let me know if I’m
> not providing enough information.
>

> Here’s my problem:
> I’m calculating students’ gpas so I can then get a student’s class rank.
> I have one “if” statement that is still causing database hits:    if
> (this.studentCourse().course().isHighschool()) {

What is "this"?

> Because there could be hundreds of gpas that I’m calculating, I need to
> eliminate all database hits during my calculation or it will take too long.
>
> I’ve added the following batchFetch to try to eliminate these database hits
> and it’s not quite working yet. It’s working for some of the keyPaths, but
> not all.
>        ERXBatchFetchUtilities.batchFetch(students, new
>                NSArray<String> (new String [] {
>                         "transcript",
>   <---- this one works
>                         "finalTranscript",
>   <---- this one works
>                         "transcript.student",
>                         "transcript.student.schoolStudents",
>                         "transcript.terms",
>   <---- this one works
>                         "transcript.terms.courses",
>   <---- this one works
>                         "transcript.terms.courses.studentCourse",
>                         "transcript.terms.courses.studentCourse.course"

transcript.terms.courses.studentCourse.course matches
this.studentCourse().course() above?

Chuck

--
Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall
knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.