On 02/10/2010, at 8:50 AM, Roger Marshall wrote:

> "Dates (1-day resolution) redux"
>       http://lists.apple.com/archives/webobjects-dev/2010/Aug/thrd2.html#00132
>
> How are people persisting their Joda-Time values?

I'm using PostgreSQL's DATE type (4 bytes, no time of day, 1 day resolution).

> I was recently trying to configure a prototype for Joda-Time LocalDate, but
> the Joda-Time classes don't have factory methods, and are declared final, as
> discussed recently that last thread.

I'm using basically the sample code Henrique Prange supplied in that thread.
It's annoying that their classes are final, but I suppose you only need to
write the wrapper code once.

> How about validation/formatters?

At the moment, not much.  I'm just careful about feeding it sane input, and
toString() is sufficient for what I'm doing.  Joda has some formatter classes,
but I don't think they're going to plug into WOComponent 'formatter' bindings
out of the box.

--
Paul.

http://logicsquad.net/