  From: ISHIMOTO Ken
  To: Farrukh Ijaz
  Cc: WebObjects Development
  Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:44 PM
  Subject: Re: wildcard Query

  Hi Farrukh,

  Sounds nice, I will take a look at that and give you feedback.

  On 2010/11/10, at 10:09, Farrukh Ijaz wrote:

    Hi Ken,

    I spent some time exploring all the possibilities at the EOF level but it
looks like it does not work at the EOF level. I also inspected the
PostgresPlugin and found that the escape character is "|" instead of "\\" but
still it doesn't work. If your data is not very large, you can do something
like this.

    create your own custom class for EOQualifierEvalution called
RegExpEvaluation as follows:

    public static class RegExpEvaluation implements EOQualifierEvaluation {

    String key, pattern;

    public RegExpEvaluation(String key, String pattern) {
    this.key = key;
    this.pattern = pattern;
    }

    public boolean evaluateWithObject(Object obj) {
    if (obj instanceof NSKeyValueCoding) {
    Object value = ((NSKeyValueCoding) obj).valueForKey(key);
    return (value instanceof String) && ((String) value).matches(pattern);
    }
    return false;
    }

    }

    Fetch all the rows for the entity and using ERXArrayUtilities method as
follows:

    EOFetchSpecification fs = new EOFetchSpecification(M_User.ENTITY_NAME,
null, null);
    NSArray<ArticleDetail> eoz =
session().defaultEditingContext().objectsWithFetchSpecification(fs);
    eoz = ERXArrayUtilities.filteredArrayWithQualifierEvaluation(eoz, new
RegExpEvaluation(M_User.NAME, ".*\\*.*"));

    Hope this may help.

    Farrukh