Just to warn some people that might get caught in the same corner.

I was happily testing rules on NavigationMenu.plists and a new DateTimePicker
component, when I got at strange message when I tried to edit a relation from
an entity.

The thing was a n-1 relation, nothing special (a location where a performance
might take place). When I tried to select a location, the ModernDirectToWeb
would crash.

I first thought it had to do with some error in the EOModel, and noticed that
there were a lot of the properties of the Location entity flagged as being part
of a client class. Removed them, no dice. To make a few hours search short
(like completely rebuilding the app with the navigation menu stripped etc.  I
found out what is was.

I had set up a rule
if session.isAdmin => isEntityDeletable= true,
and the accompanying rule
true=> isEntityDeletable=false

As I was trying to replace this stuff with a role based structure, I had all
forgotten about it, and the session.isAdmin was disabled, so nothing should be
deletable.

When I enabled
isEntityDeletable=true

the crashes stopped.

Apparently, if you have an entity that can be created and where relations can
be created, then ERModernDirectToWeb assumes that it should also be able to
remove these relations, and that collided with the isEntityDeletable rule.

Johan Henselmans
jo...@netsense.nl