Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.

Let's say I have a Person object. How would I go about handling a GET request
(with query strings) to delete a Person, save the changes to the database, and
then redirect to a URL (not a WOComponent). Oh, and I need to have a Session
available as well.

Initially I thought about doing this as a WOComponent and calling one of it's
methods from the constructor, but then there is no clean way
to redirect the response. The alternative seemed to be to use DirectActions.
But using this method seems to mean I will have to write a direct action for
each
"action" (like delete/add/edit) that I would want to perform on a particular
EO. It gets even hairier if I would like to re-use these actions in an API.
This seems a bit kludgy and very not the webobjects way so I think I'm missing
something.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

NB: My Session on awake, looks for certain cookie values, verifies hashes and
loads a user account EO as a means of implementing Sign In "Remember Me", then
cookies are updated and added to the response in the Session sleep method. It's
a lazy man's Serialized Session Store. Does this sound like an appropriate use
of awake and sleep? I also mention it in case it will mess with any response
changes suggested for the redirect action. Thanks.

---
Kevin