I was just talking to David Holt about this and he suggested I tap the brain
trust.  :)

I was wondering if there is a database design pattern for a situation where I
have some template structure
let's say

        tA <->> tB <->> tC  (records across these tables are the template, the
template is a whole object graph rooted at one record in tA)

where the templates can be configured on a per tenant basis (so, the templates
themselves are records that define defaults and new ones can be added when new
tenants or templates are added).  I need to make a copy of a template that a
tenant uses and make it local to a user (under that tenant) who can then
customize the values in that template for their needs.

It's basically a class/instance kind of structure, but at the data level in the
database.  It's as if I need to copy an EOs from one table to another where the
destination table has a few more attributes than the source table did.  It's
made more complicated by the fact that I need to copy that template object
graph, not just one EO.

Any suggestions?
*Hopes beyond hope*

Thanks.