I'm guessing this will trigger another round-trip to the db, but what about
adding this to your EOGenericRecord subclass:

    public int rawHashCode() {
        return EOUtilities.rawRowsMatchingKeyAndValue(editingContext(),
                                                      Identity.ENTITY_NAME,
                                                      ID_KEY,
                                                      primaryKey())
                          .lastObject()
                          .hashCode();
    }

Obviously, getting the value at a higher level would be better, but does this
at least return the same hashCode for every fetch?

Of course, Mike's ERCStamped solution is probably better with less overhead,
but what the heck. If I never try to upstage him then it'll never happen,
right?!

Dave