On Jun 9, 2011, at 2:23 PM, Klaus Berkling wrote:

> Got the latest binaries. Looks like things are working a lot better (will
> need to look at my build setup).
> But it seems like 'Refuse New Sessions" doesn't work.  I does work on an
> older build of Monitor on a production server...

Ok all, thanks for your responses yesterday regarding my issues.  But wait,
there is more.

What I'm trying to do is send a bunch of REST and JSON commands to JavaMonitor
to:
1) Add a bunch of instances across several nodes. Not 10 to one node, then 10
on the next, and so on; but rather one (or two) on one node, one (or two) on
the next and so on. I might have five nodes. Proper load balancing, you
understand. This is a pain to do in JavaMonitor.

2) Run a different number of instances for an app based on usage patterns, I
might have one app serving Japan, another for the US, and yet another for
Europe. e.g. I would bring up instances for Japan while I turn off instances
for the US.

That's the background.

I have mostly completed my code, the JSON and REST calls, works nicely (thanks
REST/JSON people). I can add instances and I can turn some on and turn others
off. Quite neat actually.

Here comes my problem.

When I add the IP addresses for my nodes, just one, things break (I can't use
just localhost).  I'm still running only one host, but using the IP address of
it's private NIC.
- Turning off an instance does not work, turning on Refuse New Sessions does
not work (no JSON or REST involved).
- However, I can turn instances on, and I can force-quit instances (I can see
this in the instance log).
- Everything works if I use localhost.

I have added -WOHost <ip> to my app, the apache.conf (WebObjectsConfig), and
wotaskd. Adding the WOHost in the app will not work once I have multiple
instance nodes.

I have not found a thing in the logs that could shed light on this.

One neat-oh site effect after adding -WOHost to wotaskd is that it resulted in
an empty SiteConfig.xml file. :-)

So, is it probable there a bug in wonder's JavaMonitor, should I pursue that?
Or is it me and my configuration?

kib

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
Mahatma Gandhi

Klaus Berkling
Web Application Dev. & Systems Analyst
DynEd International, Inc.