Hi Ricardo,

On Jul 12, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Ricardo J. Parada wrote:

> Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this problem?  The user
> clicks on an AjaxModalDialogOpener which opens the dialog.  Then the user
> does a whole bunch of stuff in the dialog that involves many clicks

Does it still happen if they don't make so many clicks?

> then finally clicks a DONE link to close the dialog.

Are all of these links and clicks Ajax actions?

> The dialog has a closeUpdateContainerID bound with the id of an ajax update
> container to refresh, which it does refresh upon closing the dialog.  But
> then the user clicks on a link on the page that is outside the refreshed
> AjaxUpdateContainer and the app displays the error "You backtracked too far.
> The application backtracking limit of 30 has been exceeded."

Ajax links or regular component actions links?  I do what seems to be the same
thing (except maybe the "does a whole bunch of stuff in the dialog") and have
not had any problems.

The key to tracking this down is to know if it is the Ajax or the regular page
cache that is missing the component.

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Come to WOWODC this July for unparalleled WO learning opportunities and real
peer to peer problem solving!  Network, socialize, and enjoy a great
cosmopolitan city.  See you there!  http://www.wocommunity.org/wowodc11/