Hey D2Wers,

So, I have business logic that executes in the setter of one of my attributes.
It's checking to make sure that at least one of a set of objects has a flag
set. If you try to remove the flag off the last object it should not allow it
and throw and exception.

All that works just fine.

Now I want to catch that exception and display it to the user in a friendly
way. Ideally basically the same as how standard validation exceptions are
displayed in red at the top of the page in ERModernLook.

I've tried throwing a ValidationException and also tried other exceptions, and
either it is ignored with no user feedback (ValidationException), or I get the
standard, completely disruptive exception page (for all others).

I've tried to find the extension point to put in my own exception handling, but
it's apparently not where I thought it was - ERD2WInspectPage#tryToSaveChanges.

Am I doing it wrong, or just looking in the wrong place?