Le 2011-09-02 à 08:49, Philippe Rabier a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> We are starting using ERRest in our team and I have a first question:
>
> The default way to get an object (in our case a Project) is :
> GET /ra/Project/id
>
> But suppose we have our own globalUID that is not the primary key or if we
> want to use something else (for example login for a user as we suppose the
> login is unique), how can we achieve that?

You need to add routes in the request handler, something like this:

  routeRequestHandler.addRoute(new ERXRoute(Project.ENTITY_NAME,
"/Project/{uid:String}", ERXRoute.Method.GET, ProjectController.class));

And in your controller:

  String uid = routeObjectForKey("uid");
  Project aProject = Project.fetchProject(editingContext, Project.UID.eq(uid));

> We look at the ERRestExample source and we saw in the PersonController class,
> method Person():
> person= routeObjectForKey("Person");
>
> So the fetch must be handled by routeObjectForKey, I guess… and we have to
> change something around.
>
> Other philosophical question about Rest: does it make sense to get a person
> with their login? I'm more confident with the globalUID if we don't want to
> expose the primary key.

What do you mean with their "login"? By passing the username and password to a
route?