So, for future posterity and to help myself again when I need it...

    EOEntity entity = EOUtilities.entityForClass(cdw, YourEntity.class);
    JDBCExpression exp = new JDBCExpression(entity);
    exp.setUseBindVariables(true);
    exp.setStatement(sqlStatement);

exp.addBindVariableDictionary(exp.bindVariableDictionaryForAttribute(entity.attributeNamed(YourEntity.UNIQUE_ID_KEY),
 ID));

exp.addBindVariableDictionary(exp.bindVariableDictionaryForAttribute(entity.attributeNamed(YourEntity.YEAR_KEY),
 new NSTimestamp(year)));

    NSArray<NSDictionary> rows =
    ERXEOAccessUtilities.rawRowsForSQLExpression(cdw, "YourModelName", exp);

And now, SQL injection attacks have been avoided and the planet is once again
safe!

-Mike