Hi,

We are updating some apps to be UTF8 enabled.  I have done this kind of work in
the past with Oracle and MySQL, but never with SQL-Server.

I spent a couple hours earlier today googling around and realized that there
are a few oddities doing this with SQL-Server.  Starting with the fact that it
does not natively support UTF8 encoding for char/varchar columns?  I also saw
some older WebObjects related posts about lack of support for nchar, nvarchar
and such as well - although possibly they are obsolete?

We seem to have things running okay with FrontBase for our workstation dev
environments, but our corporate deployment environment is SQL-Server 2005.

My next step is to migrate the apps over to our dev SQL-Server 2005
environment.  Before I pour too many hours into that I was wondering if there
are any tips & tricks I should be aware of with WebObjects + SQL-Server and
UTF8.

Thanks,

- Mike DeMan