I would be happy to write something. I am trying to figure out the
ERD2WFlyOverCustomComponent. the source text sounds exactly like what I want.

/**
 * Displays a fly-over that shows a table with hidden property keys. It's very
cool in lists when
 * you don't have enough space for all the items you'd want to show.
 *
 * @d2wKey propertyKey the key value to show as label (optional)
 * @d2wKey label the string to show as label (optional)
 * @d2wKey customComponentName the component to use as display for the
propertyKey when no label was given (optional)
 * @d2wKey displayPropertyKeys the keys value to show in the table
 *
 * @author ak on Tue Feb 10 2004
 * @project ERDirectToWeb
 */

Does one of the current D2W demo/instructional video come close to helping me
understand this? I have viewed them extensibly and I found that there was a ton
of information available in a rather compressed format (after viewing 4 or 5
times).

But I don't see anything that would help me here.

Ted