Try this and call it in main() to see what the classpath is.

Chuck

    static public String dumpJVMConfiguration()
    {
        StringBuffer output = new StringBuffer("\nSystem Properties
Follow....\n");

        Properties systemProperties = System.getProperties();
        Enumeration propertyNames = systemProperties.propertyNames();
        while (propertyNames.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String propertyName = (String) propertyNames.nextElement();
            if (propertyName.equals("java.class.path") ||
propertyName.equals("com.webobjects.classpath"))
            {
                output.append("Classpath\n");
                String pathSeparator =
systemProperties.getProperty("path.separator");

                NSArray classPathComponents =
NSArray.componentsSeparatedByString(systemProperties.getProperty(propertyName),

  pathSeparator);
                Enumeration classpathEnumeration =
classPathComponents.objectEnumerator();
                while (classpathEnumeration.hasMoreElements())
                {
                    String jarPath = (String)
classpathEnumeration.nextElement();
                    output.append(jarPath + "\n");
                    try
                    {
                        File jarFile = new File(jarPath);
                        output.append((jarFile.isFile() ? "    --> Exists\n" :
"*** --> Does not Exist!\n"));
                    }
                    catch (Throwable t)
                    {
                        output.append("Exception validating classpath: " + t +
"\n");
                    }
                }
            }
            else
            {
                output.append(propertyName + " = " +
systemProperties.getProperty(propertyName) + "\n");
            }
        }

        return output.toString();
    }