In a nutshell....... high level overview

Apache WebServer
-----------------------
- webobjects adaptor
        - The list of WebObjects application servers are configured in the
mod_webobjects apache config file.  [Configuration #1]
- WebServer Resources
        - Are in apache docroot/WebObjects usually
- WOMonitor/WOTaskd
        - both can be running on this machine also (or some other)
        - Add WO Application Server Hosts here   [Configuration #2]

WebObjects Application Server Node
- WOTaskd running here
- You woa applications run here
- You cna have as many of these cluster nodes as you want