(1) Never use MyISAM - no transactional support means a failed
editingContext.saveChanges() will not result in a rollback and semi-saved
changes to the database..... data integrity goes out the window. Use InnoDB
.... don't just convert live DB though, dump/import to a standby server,
configure InnoDB first completely and actually do a little bit of studying the
MySQL docs to understand how. Also, get a head start here:
https://github.com/kierankelleher/gic-mysql-tools

(2) Don't create "real" foreign key constraints because MySQL does not support
deferred constraints (which is the biggest negative of using MySQL). Instead
just manually create indexes on every foreign key field. Otherwise your
performance will deteriorate as tables sizes get larger.