Most of my entities are of class EOGenericRecord.
I do have a few custom entity classes that extend EOGenericRecord.

Sometimes, not always, the accessor methods for the "to one" relationships
return null, even though I know the relationship exists.  This usually only
occurs when the app has 70 or more sessions running.

The code for these custom entities was generated by the old EOModeler app.
They simply return storedValueForKey.

The foreign key of the relationship is marked as "not null" in the model, but
the relationship is marked as "optional".  I know this is probably wrong, but
the old EOModeler app let you get away with this, and i'm sure stuff would
break if i changed it now.

To get the related entity from an EO that is of type EOGenericRecord, I simply
use valueForKey, and this never seems to return null.  Since this always works,
should my accessor methods in my custom entity classes return valueForKey
instead of storedValueForKey?  Would that fix my problem?