Ok, I think I got a little hint: if the file is big enough (like > 10 MB
over a slow ADSL connection) after a while it starts updating the bar...
But it's waaaay more than 1 second or even the 2 seconds default.
Another weird thing: during the long wait the browser (uhm, Safari) looks
like it's stuck.

BTW has anybody managed to use something like this in WO?

http://blueimp.github.com/jQuery-File-Upload/

This is what my client really wants...

Thanks,

Matteo