Greetings Ramsey,
You have highlighted why this makes it the compiler guy's dream job.  Take a
decent size nightmare for the the subject, pile on a deadline, and add on
mediocre salary to give us either a government rice bowl and genius grinder.
Oops.  Sorry, those have been my dreams lately.  Since this all hap-hazardly
came together in the first place, it is not as though we can question the mind
of the person who orchestrated the mess.   We could offer them a them a
Guinness  but I think they were stoned on something far stronger than the glass
would hold.

Seriously though, the problem described would keep a compiler team employed for
a good sizable amount of time.    It would be a wise investment somewhere to
have some kind of converter, mobile code generator or something that would
generate the right code for the appropriate language and platform pair.

 V/R,

Dan Beatty, Ph.D.
Texas Tech University, Alumni
dan.bea...@mac.com