On 14 juil. 2012, at 03:49, John Huss wrote:

> In general though there is nothing compelling enough for me to think about
> rewriting existing code in Tapestry (or any framework).  For new projects it
> might be worth a look, but there are lot of frameworks out there and I would
> put many in front of Tapestry.  If I was doing a lot of HTML pages anymore I
> would look hard at using Play 2.0 with Scala.

I won't play with Play. I twitted this post a couple of months ago:
http://whilefalse.blogspot.fr/2012/03/why-im-moving-away-from-play-framework.html
(that's not the only complain I read but it's the most complete).

Anyway, we have the comfort to use a very good but also reliable technology.
When I did WO consulting, it was a pain to hear all the time: "what is the
future of WO?". Now I use it to sell our solution and our clients don't care.
However moving to Cayenne seems to be a good move, something to explore at
least because having 2/3 of open source code is good for the community, to get
more traction (I guess). I agree with Alexander and some other: Cayenne seems
to be close from EOF, anything else will cost too much and nobody will do that
job.

So Montage (?) + ERRest + ERCayenne seem to be enticing (but what about D2W I
love?).

Philippe
@prabier