Please keep questions/replies on list so that everyone may benefit/assist :-)

On Jul 30, 2012, at 8:50 PM, Sr. Ângelo Andrade Cirino wrote:

> Dear Ramsey,
>
> I am very frustrated. I created two new test projects following your steps in
> the presentation, choosing 'WO Project' from template and then 'Modern D2W
> Application', one project with the ERMovies Logic framework and the other
> with a very simple model I created (two entities with a to one relationship).
> But in both projects the navigation menu did not work.

You shouldn't need to do that any longer. If you create a new Wonder D2W
project, it will be an ERModern project these days.

> Should I trash my installation, a brand new Eclipse/WOLips/Wonder standard
> installation, and try again? I can not see what I am doing wrong.

Sorry about that. The install process for WO/Wonder/WOLips just sucks. It's
amazing to me that anyone new gives it a try.  I saw sometime ago that Ken
Ishimoto had been working on an installer, but I never had a chance to try it.
We all muddled through this at one point, if that gives you any comfort :-)

If your app launches, it's probably not your installation.

> Worse, not only the navigation menu doesn't work,

Did you try debugging your rule firings to see what was being set for
navigationState and why?

> but also the tabs and sections features for grouping display properties. The
> following rule
>
> 100 : (entity.name = 'Pacote' and task = 'edit') => displayPropertyKeys =
> ("[Geral]", "encerramento", "título", "resumo", "títuloEstendido", "moeda",
> "descrição", "principal", "[Imagens]", "miniatura", "imagemPequena",
> "imagemGrande", "[Outras informações]", "opçãoIncluídas",
> "informaçãoAdicionals", "condiçãoPacotes")
> [com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]
>
> Gives this exception:
>
> <com.webobjects.foundation.NSKeyValueCoding$UnknownKeyException message
> '<com.visionar.modelos.Pacote 0x461fbe88> valueForKey(): lookup of unknown
> key: '[Geral]'. This class does not have an instance variable of the name
> [Geral] or _[Geral], nor a method of the name [Geral], _[Geral], get[Geral],
> or _get[Geral]' object '<com.visionar.modelos.Pacote pk:"1">' key '[Geral]'>

To use tabs on a Modern page, you have to have a tab or wizard page
configuration/subtask. Otherwise, it doesn't work.  When you create the page,
use a pageConfiguration like "EditTabEntity" or "EditWizardEntity" instead of
"EditEntity".  CreateEntity pages are subtask=wizard by default, so the tabbing
should work.

Ramsey