Hi Anil,

>>> com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext@17bf9b45: failed to open database
>>> channel.  Check your connection dictionary, and ensure your database is
>>> correctly configured.
>>> 1109 [main] INFO er.extensions.eof.ERXDatabaseContextDelegate  - WOTracker:
>>> {username = "ACG"; driver = "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver";
>>> password = "<password deleted for log>"; URL =
>>> "jdbc:sqlserver://tracker_host:1433;databaseName=Tracker"; }
>>> 1110 [main] INFO er.transaction.adaptor.ConnectionAnalyzer  - Checking JDBC
>>> connection with information {username = "ACG"; driver =
>>> "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"; password = "<password
>>> deleted for log>"; URL =
>>> "jdbc:sqlserver://tracker_host:1433;databaseName=Tracker"; }
>>
>> Is there nothing else?  That last message comes from
>> er.extensions.jdbc.ERXJDBCConnectionAnalyzer which should diagnose the
>> problem for you.  If it just stops... It must be blocking on
>> EOObjectStoreCoordinator.defaultCoordinator().lock();
>>
>> Which suggests that it is happening too late and some other thread has that
>> locked.  You could try triggering some database access earlier in app
>> startup to see if you can get better information.
>>
>> Has the driver name or package changed?  Could it be trying to load it from
>> an older JDBC driver that is finding someplace?  Though I would expect
>> /Library/Java/Extensions to win over anything else.
>>

>>> Am I missing anything?  Like a JDBC Driver plugin or something?
>>
>> WebObjects comes with a plugin.  There is an extension in Wonder:
>> com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.ERXMicrosoftPlugIn
>>
>> I have not tried that with SQLServer 2012 but I don't see why it would not
>> work.
>
> I was able to resolve it after configuring it to use the ERXMicrosoftPlugIn.
> Although I was not able to find this in Wonder, I found a copy of it in the
> MicrosoftPlugIn.framework which I was able to find on the web.  Seems to be
> missing in the Wonder distribution.
>
> Thanks for all your help,

Right!  Now I remember.  I wrote it and it was originally in Wonder and then I
had to remove it.  You can find the master here:
http://www.global-village.net/chill/ms_sql_server_eof_plugin

Now that Wonder is 5.4.3 only, I should add that back in.  Thanks for the
reminder.

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall
knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.
http://www.global-village.net/gvc/practical_webobjects