Hi Roger,

Am 28.09.2012 um 21:40 schrieb Roger Perryman <ro...@xeotech.com>:

> I realize that Jenkins is now the preferred CI tool so I am installing
> Jenkins on another machine as part of my debugging. Installation was
> successful. However, when I add a job and tell it to use SVN (SSH+SVN), it
> fails to authenticate. I have installed the SVN and MultiSCM plugins. We are
> not using SSL. Eclipse works fine on this box. I can SSH to the repository
> from the command line. So it has to be a problem with settings from Jenkins.
> This is OSX 10.6.7 and we use JavaHL for SVN.
>
> When I specify SVN+SSH, enter my user name and supply my private key (no
> passphrase used), the error I get is
>
> Attempting a public key authentication with username roger
> FAILED: svn: E210002: There was a problem while connecting to usr:22
>
> I cannot find anything on the web for this error specifically. Nor do I know
> why it is trying user 22. My UID on the server is not 22. I even regenerated
> my keys (I used DSA) but that didn't solve the problem. On the community
> page, I couldn't find any info for installing Jenkins with SVN. We have not
> switched our repository from SVN to git yet.

I'm not using ssh+svn (glad to have switched to git recently), but this looks
suspicious as 22 is the port number of ssh.

But the auth method would more likely involve not supplying your private key
somewhere, but add the public key of the user jenkins is running under to the
authorized_keys on the svn server. Did you do that?

Maik