Hi,

  If what you want is record the video on a single laptop (and not directly
from the video signal, since it seems to do that properly you need very
expensive equipment), why not asking presenters to turn on screen sharing,
allowing guests with authorization in, and use a mac (or two, for redundancy)
to obtain the shared screen and record it?

  I would, of course, recommend doing this over Ethernet and not wifi, which
means you better have a USB and Thunderbolt Ethernet adaptor available for the
Ethernet-challenged Macs.

  Regards,

Miguel Arroz