> I suspect that you are just confusing yourself and making a trivial thing
> hard.  If you have an EO, you can just

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that is for sure.  Maybe I'm just doing
something that is wrong but I have a piece of code that I want to work even if
I add more subclasses to this entity.  Since I won't know ahead of time what
the name of this entity will be I don't know how to convert an entity name to
something that makes sense for the user.  Maybe the code is easier to
understand?

                        NSMutableArray<ReportForPaymentType> reports = new
NSMutableArray<ReportForPaymentType>();
                        EOEntity entity = new
EOEnterpriseObjectClazz<EOEnterpriseObject>(MESAbstractPaymentInfo.ENTITY_NAME).entity();
                        NSArray<EOEntity> subEntities = entity.subEntities();
                        NSMutableArray<EOQualifier> qualifiers = new
NSMutableArray<EOQualifier>();

qualifiers.addObject(MESAbstractPaymentInfo.DISPATCH.dot(MESDispatch.RESERVATION_DATE).greaterThanOrEqualTo(controller().startDate()));

qualifiers.addObject(MESAbstractPaymentInfo.DISPATCH.dot(MESDispatch.RESERVATION_DATE).lessThanOrEqualTo(controller().endDate()));

                        for(EOEntity subEntity : subEntities) {

                                NSMutableArray<EOQualifier> subEntityQualifiers
= (NSMutableArray<EOQualifier>)qualifiers.clone();

subEntityQualifiers.addObject(subEntity.restrictingQualifier());
                                NSArray<MESAbstractPaymentInfo>
subEntityPayments =
MESAbstractPaymentInfo.fetchMESAbstractPaymentInfos(controller().ec(), new
EOAndQualifier(subEntityQualifiers), null);

                                if(subEntityPayments.size() > 0) {
                                        // This is the part I want to change
                                        // I'd like to somehow get the
"displayName" without having to get an object.
                                        // So that even if the result is 0 I
can still create a report for the sub entity.
                                        MESAbstractPaymentInfo paymentInfo =
subEntityPayments.get(0);
                                        ReportForPaymentType report = new
ReportForPaymentType();

report.setPaymentType(paymentInfo.displayName());

report.setDispatchCount(subEntityPayments.size());

report.setTotalRevenue((BigDecimal)subEntityPayments.valueForKey("@sum.amount"));
                                        reports.addObject(report);
                                }

                        }