Hi Chuck,

a follow-up on this:

Am 19.10.2012 um 20:05 schrieb Chuck Hill <ch...@global-village.net>:

> Hi Maik,
>
> This can also indicate some other things too:
> - session did not get checked in (app threw OutOfMemory, sleep() threw an
> exception)
> - previous request for this session is still running (deadlock, waiting,
> infinite loop)
> - 2+ requests for the same session in rapid sequence where the first
> terminates the session

Looks like my answer that OutOfMemory would be "OutOfTheQuestion" was not true.
I now discovered what lead to my application hanging every afternoon, after
*once* it finally cared to log a proper message before hanging:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen
space

Doh, the PermGen. I totally forgot about that. I had the app at -Xmx24576m, but
didn't adjust PermGen. Now with a PermGen limit of 512m (of which currently
about 154m gets used max according to jvisualvm) everything is finally running
smoothly. The app turns out to load about 12000 classes over a workday. I think
I need to have a look at what those are sometime...

Maik