On Nov 14, 2012, at 8:54 AM, Maik Musall wrote:

> Hi,
>
> occasionally I get a NullPointerException on an attribute of a fetched EO
> that is
> * set to not nullable in EOModel
> * guarded to be not null by a NOT NULL constraint in the database
> * and actually has a value there.
>
> This happens with both simple values like BigDecimals, as well as with
> relationships.
>
> Any idea what could cause that or what I could do to nail it down?
>
> Thanks
> Maik

I have seen that in apps that violate the commandments:

http://wiki.wocommunity.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1050329

If relationships are going missing and you are using nested ECs you may want to
try

ec.setRetainsRegisteredObjects(true)

There's a known bug where EOs can be GCed which can result in nulls coming from
required relationships. Nobody has managed to fix it in wonder yet.

Ramsey