Hi Ken,

I would check out Compass: http://compass-style.org

It does require that you understand CSS but it definitely takes it to the next
step.  It is built on top of SASS (http://sass-lang.com) so you get all that
functionality and It works kind of like the reset frameworks for JavaScript
i.e. Prototype or JQuery.  It handles the browser inconsistencies for you by
using SASS "mixins".  You can also create your own functions (which is nice
because straight CSS is declarative) and you can declare variables i.e. $black:
#000000;  Compass also has a blueprint plugin for doing css layouts and it has
mixins for all the new CSS3 properties.  Another huge time saver from SASS is
nested CSS rules.

As far as editors go.  By far the best one I've used is JetBrains' WebStorm.
It is just like Eclipse in that is has code sense.  If you declare functions
(mixins) it will pick them up.  It sees your variables and even your imported
files.  It is amazing and I know get why Mike Schrag was saying that he would
be interested in developing a WO plugin for IntelliJIdea.  And it is not just a
good CSS editor it has the code sense for JavaScript and it's HTML editor is
great.

Aloha,
Mr. Johnny Miller
Web Development Manager
Kahalawai Media Company
Lahaina, HI 96761
tel: (808) 661-7962 | mobile: (808) 283-0791
website | e-mail