If I right-click on the .eomodeld file in the WO Explorer in Eclipse and select
properties there, I get the same properties window as you have ( with the sole
difference that I also have "SVN Info" since I have the project in SubVersion.
The other preference window I got after opening the eomodeld in EOModeler and
select the project->properties menu from within EOModeler..

But even there I see "Inherited from container (UTF-8)" where you have
"Inherited from container (MacRoman)".

Here's a snippet from our "Eclipse configuration guide" which we abide by :)

Component text encoding
• Right click on components.woo file and "Open with" - "Text Editor".
• Replace encoding with "NSUTF8StringEncoding"

Settings in Eclipse
• All textfiles, code and components shall be UTF-8 encoded. Preferences -
General - Workspace - Text file Encoding (flipi) - Other: UTF-8 (there is one
exception from this rule, textfiles need to be saved as UTF-16. That is set for
each textfile separately and on demand.
• (Text file line delimiter UNIX ?)

Since you already created a project with MacRoman, you may need to recreate the
project after changing the settings and restarting Eclipse, but you may also
change the encoding of the project (right-click the project and select
preferences) and then change the encoding of each file as you move on. - Unless
your project is already very complex, a recreation may be beneficial in the
long run.

Með kveðju,
Þór Sigurðsson
Tölvunarfræðingur - forritari
Sími: 580-2000

[cid:_4_0390B880039098AC0030153F00257A8B]
Umferðarstofa - Borgartún 30 - 105 Reykjavík