All:

I have an ERModern app where I see this issue from time to time - an optimistic
locking problem I believe. If I kick a new instance everything is fine. It
seems to be due to something left "dirty" or unchanged and I feel like I've
seen it when users start using browser navigation instead of the "Cancel"
button on an edit page. When they come back later, something is messed up and
subsequent saves fail.

I could be wrong about the cause. Does anyone else ever have similar problems
or maybe some strategies for avoiding these issues. Of course, it could be
something else. If it's my fault, I wanna fix it!

Tim
UCLA GSE&IS

EOGeneralAdaptorException: updateValuesInRowDescribedByQualifier --
er.extensions.jdbc.ERXJDBCAdaptor$Channel method failed to update row in
database
  at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext._exceptionWithDatabaseContextInformationAdded(EODatabaseContext.java:4504)
     ... skipped 1 stack elements
  at
com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOObjectStoreCoordinator.saveChangesInEditingContext(EOObjectStoreCoordinator.java:376)
  at
com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOEditingContext.saveChanges(EOEditingContext.java:3192)
  at er.extensions.eof.ERXEC._saveChanges(ERXEC.java:1179)
  at er.extensions.eof.ERXEC.saveChanges(ERXEC.java:1102)
  at
er.directtoweb.pages.ERD2WInspectPage.tryToSaveChanges(ERD2WInspectPage.java:232)
  at
er.directtoweb.pages.ERD2WInspectPage.submitAction(ERD2WInspectPage.java:282)
  at
er.modern.look.pages.ERMODInspectPage.submitAction(ERMODInspectPage.java:101)