On 30 jul. 2013, at 17:10, Chuck Hill <ch...@global-village.net> wrote:

> It is the application you need to do this in, not wotaskd.  wotaskd uses a
> script to launch a new JVM for the app so changes to the JVM for wotaskd do
> not affect the application.
>
> Chuck

Been there, done that:

ostadeserver:MacOS root# cat MacOSClassPath.txt
# JVM              ==
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
# JVMOptions       ==
# JDB              == jdb
# JDBOptions       ==
# ApplicationClass == nl.netsense.theaterres.Application

I also add the arg in MacOSXServerClassPath.txt

log:

date: Tue Jul 30 17:52:37 CEST 2013
args: /Library/WebObjects/Applications/theaterres.woa/theaterres -WOHost
localhost -WOPort 2009 -WOCachingEnabled YES -WODebuggingEnabled NO -
WOOutputPath /Library/WebObjects/Logs/theaterresnew-1 -WOAutoOpenInBrowser NO
-WOAutoOpenClientApplication NO -WOLifebeatInterval 30 -WOLifebe
atEnabled YES -WOLifebeatDestinationPort 1085 -WOAdaptor WODefaultAdaptor
-WOWorkerThreadCount 8 -WOListenQueueSize 128 -WOWorkerThreadCountMi
n 16 -WOWorkerThreadCountMax 256 -NSProjectSearchPath () -WOSessionTimeOut 3600
-WOApplicationName theaterresnew -WOMonitorEnabled YES -WONoPa
use YES -Djava.awt.headless=true
Reading MacOSClassPath.txt ...
Launching theaterres.woa ...
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
-XX:NewSize=2m -Xmx64m -Xms32m -DWORootDirectory="/System" -DWOLoca
lRootDirectory=""
-DWOUserDirectory="/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa"
-DWOEnvClassPath="" -DWOApplicationClass=nl.netsense.th
eaterres.Application -DWOPlatform=MacOS -Dcom.webobjects.pid=34753
-Djava.awt.headless=true -classpath WOBootstrap.jar com.webobjects._bootstr
ap.WOBootstrap -WOHost localhost -WOPort 2009 -WOCachingEnabled YES
-WODebuggingEnabled NO -WOOutputPath /Library/WebObjects/Logs/theaterresne
w-1 -WOAutoOpenInBrowser NO -WOAutoOpenClientApplication NO -WOLifebeatInterval
30 -WOLifebeatEnabled YES -WOLifebeatDestinationPort 1085 -WOA
daptor WODefaultAdaptor -WOWorkerThreadCount 8 -WOListenQueueSize 128
-WOWorkerThreadCountMin 16 -WOWorkerThreadCountMax 256 -NSProjectSearchP
ath "()" -WOSessionTimeOut 3600 -WOApplicationName theaterresnew
-WOMonitorEnabled YES -WONoPause YES -Djava.awt.headless=true
/Library/WebObjects/Applications/theaterres.woa/Contents/MacOS/MacOSClassPath.txt

<snip>

  /Library/WebObjects/Extensions/
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: nl/netsense/theaterres/Application :
Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
        at com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap.main(WOBootstrap.java:84)

> On 2013-07-30, at 2:21 AM, Johan Henselmans wrote:
>

>> Op 30 jul. 2013, om 10:40 heeft Elizabeth Lynch <l...@plsys.co.uk> het
>> volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> Hi Johan
>>>
>>> You could try changing the Java reference in
>>>
>>> /Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/Contents/MacOS/MacOSClassPath.txt
>>>
>>> from
>>>
>>> # JVM == java
>>>
>>> to something more like
>>>
>>> # JVM ==
>>> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.7.25//Commands/ java
>>>
>>> I don't know for sure this is the right solution, but it seems like it
>>> would be worth a try.
>>>

>> Tried it in
>> /Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/Contents/MacOS/MacOSClassPath.txt
>>  and MacOSXServerClassPath.txt, and in the app's MacOSClassPath.txt.
>>
>> I am getting:
>>
>> Launching theaterres.woa ...
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
>> -XX:NewSize=2m -Xmx64m -Xms32m -DWORootDirectory="/System"
>> -DWOLocalRootDirectory=""
>> -DWOUserDirectory="/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa"
>> -DWOEnvClassPath="" -DWOApplicationClass=nl.netsense.theaterres.Application
>> -DWOPlatform=MacOS -Dcom.webobjects.pid=23891 -Djava.awt.headless=true
>> -classpath WOBootstrap.jar com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap -WOHost
>> localhost -WOPort 2001 -WOCachingEnabled YES -WODebuggingEnabled NO
>> -WOOutputPath /Library/WebObjects/Logs/theaterres-1 -WOAutoOpenInBrowser NO
>> -WOAutoOpenClientApplication NO -WOLifebeatInterval 30 -WOLifebeatEnabled
>> YES -WOLifebeatDestinationPort 1085 -WOAdaptor WODefaultAdaptor
>> -WOWorkerThreadCount 8 -WOListenQueueSize 128 -WOWorkerThreadCountMin 16
>> -WOWorkerThreadCountMax 256 -NSProjectSearchPath "()" -WOSessionTimeOut 3600
>> -WOApplicationName theaterres -WOMonitorEnabled YES -WONoPause YES
>> -Djava.awt.headless=true
>> /Library/WebObjects/Applications/theaterres.woa/Contents/MacOS/MacOSClassPath.txt
>>
>> Still at the end:
>>
>> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: nl/netsense/theaterres/Application :
>> Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
>>

>>> Liz

>> Johan Henselmans
>> jo...@netsense.nl

>> This email sent to ch...@global-village.net
>
> --
> Chuck Hill
> Executive Managing Partner, VP Development and Technical Services
>
> Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall
> knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.
> http://www.global-village.net/gvc/practical_webobjects
>
> Global Village Consulting ranks 13th in 2012 in BIV's Top 100 Fastest Growing
> Companies in B.C!
>
> Global Village Consulting ranks 44th in 25th annual PROFIT 500 ranking of
> Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by PROFIT Magazine!

Vriendelijke Groeten,

Johan Henselmans
jo...@netsense.nl