John/David, many thanks for your responses. On reflection with what you have
said, I will probably leave well alone on the client side for now and keep to
vanilla WO. There have always been JC bugs, though workarounds always possible
and I find it very flexible and effective, using a Swing interface
(JFormDesigner is great). I am sure new technologies are finally overtaking
WO/JC but I still feel there is life in the old dog yet!