Hey Ted,

Technically the “_parent” thing* is from the Ajax framework, so should be
documented there.

As far as documentation is concerned, I’m afraid I don’t have any details for
you (other than documentation == good).

Anyone on the list care to chime in?

*FWIW, giving some (but unfortunately not all) Ajax components a ‘_parent’
binding for their updateContainerID is a shortcut for binding to something like
this:

public String parentUpdateContainerID() {
        return AjaxUpdateContainer.currentUpdateContainerID();
}

which is pretty handy to know in its own right.