Thanks for replying Aaron.

I was passing the correct information to the adaptor. It's done via environment
variables in the script that launches the adaptor. I am not certain what the
problem was but the combination of deleting the socket and also deleting a file
in the /tmp directory that the adaptor was creating and never deleting. Even
when receiving a TERM signal the cgi-adaptor doesn't seem to clean up the file
in the /tmp directory. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not but
everything seems to work as expected now. I'll dig more into it later.

The other issue of not being able to shutdown apps in a multiserver setup was
solved using a property to let Wonder know the LAN ip addresses to pay
attention to. It's recommended in the wiki somewhere for VPS setups that have
multiple IP addresses.
er.extensions.WOHostUtilities.localhostips=(ip address)

And finally, I put womonitor and wotaskd together on one of the machines. It
was not clear to me at first that womonitor had to run on a machine with
wotaskd. I assumed wrongfully that since wotaskd could run standalone that
womonitor could do the same but it looks like it needs a wotaskd instance to
persist it's configuration.

So for the moment everything works and I have a full setup with Jenkins CI
running.