show it?  So what is going to happen when they see this:
id number    description     client
     3456         Blue Dress     Amex
     3457         Blue Socks     Chuck
     3459         Blue Tie     Ted
     3460         Blue Blouse     Visa

Where is 3458?  Because that IS going to happen if you use the PK.

Chuck

On 2014-02-28, 1:25 PM, "Theodore Petrosky" wrote:

I need to create an Entity that will have a user visible id number. I thought I
would just use the primaryKey but I recall reading so many times don't use the
primaryKey for this.

This is a very simple Entity. It has a description, a Client, and a boolean
(isActive). When the user views a list of these Entities, he/she will see:

id number    description     client
     3456         Blue Dress     Amex

when I insert a new Entity, I only need to supply the description and Client
(from a popup). WO will supply the ID number. So why not use the primaryKey
here? The user can never edit it. and none of these Entities will ever be
deleted.

This email sent to ch...@global-village.net<mailto:ch...@global-village.net>