Do a
Sudo jstack –F <process ID>
On the instances when this happens.  My guess is that they are contending for a
resource and neither is able to process requests.   Deadlock would be my guess,
maybe the wrong isolation level on the DB connection? This then gets escalated
to dead and mis-reported as No Instance Available.

Chuck

On 2014-03-03, 4:57 PM, "Jeffrey Schmitz" wrote:

Hello,
   Here's one I don't think I've seen.  When I start a second instance on my
server (mac OS Maverick Server), I start getting app not avaliable errors.
Even if I try to get to the original instance directly through the url (append
/1), I still get app not available.  If I then set the new instance to not
accept new sessions, or kill it, then the original instance will start taking
requests again.  Am hoping if nothing else a reboot tonight will fix this
situation, but would be good to know what's really going on, and it worries
that maybe the reboot won't fix it and I'll be hosed.

Note the new instances start fine, no errors are logged and everything looks
good in JavaMonitor.  Also, this just started.  The server has been running for
a couple weeks and I've been starting and stopping new instances all along
(using Bounce) just fine.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jeff

This email sent to ch...@global-village.net<mailto:ch...@global-village.net>