On Mar 21, 2014, at 2:56 AM, Paul Hoadley <pa...@logicsquad.net> wrote:

> I know that's the conventional wisdom, and I know you started with a
> disclaimer, but I think that can be a red herring in the general case (though
> by all means perhaps not in this specific case).  We've got an existence
> proof, if you like, that it's certainly not universally true.  We run Wonder
> wotaskd and JavaMonitor, and have had both of:
>
> * localhost as the hostname
> * 127.0.0.1 as the IP address
>
> on hosts for many years now, and have never had a single deployment issue
> that I can recall.  (Of course, I've just cursed myself...)

Ah. Yeah. See, you’re in Australia. Since everything is upside-down / backwards
down there I’m guessing that is the *only* configuration that works.

Now if I could just work in a convict/wallaby joke …

You know, it’s a good thing us 'mericans never do anything worth ridicule. I’d
be in trouble.

Whew.

Dave

WebObjects - so easy that even Dave Avendasora can do it!™
David Avendasora
Senior Software Abuser
Nekesto, Inc.