Ramsey, that is evil.  I like that in man!

On 2014-03-24, 11:28 AM, "Ramsey Gurley" wrote:

I’m not aware of any weakness. The method that generates the id is in
WOUniqueIDGenerator.longUniqueID(long) method.

If there is an issue, you could pretty easily fix it in your session
constructor:

public MySession() {
super(myRandomUUIDGenerator());
}

Then again, if you know it is happening, you could have some fun with it.

Create a session with the ID they submit. Then they always succeed! You could
drop ERXModernizr on them and see a) if javascript is enabled, and if so b)
what their potential client side capabilities/vulnerabilities are. If
javascript is disabled, that limits the amount of fun you can have with them,
but other things will still work. For instance, you could initiate a gzip bomb
that will fill their disk with zeros until they run out of disk space.

Use your imagination :D

On Mar 24, 2014, at 3:08 AM, Markus Stoll, junidas GmbH