Hello,

I've never used WOAnyField before, but I've come across a use case requiring
it, or something like it.  I have a display group of EOs rendered as a table
inside an AjaxUpdateContainer, and batch navigation is handled by
ERXBatchNavigationBar.  Works fine.  Now I have a feature request to be able to
search for particular objects in the display group, and WOAnyField seems like
the right component—enter the search criterion, click a button, get a filtered
display group.  So I've added this below the ERXBatchNavigationBar:

<wo:ERXAnyField displayGroup="$displayGroup" sourceEntityName="Source"
keyList="$keyList" key="$keyIter" selectedKey="firstName" />

keyList is an NSArray<String> containing "firstName" and "lastName", both
attributes on the Source EO.

But now what?  Obviously that's not going to submit itself, so I added:

<wo:AjaxSubmitButton action="$someAction" updateContainerID="sourceList"
value="Search" />

where "sourceList" is the ID for the containing AjaxUpdateContainer.  Is there
something I need to do in the someAction() action method?  Because all that
happens now is I get a container update, but the table renders the entire
display group, unfiltered by the ERXAnyField's input, and the ERXAnyField gets
reset.

What am I missing here?

--
Paul Hoadley