what is the deployment environment?
what database?
is the database on the same machine?
what do the logs of the database say? (can you increase the logging to verbose?)
at least then you would know if your app is trying to talk to the backend.

migrations can not create the database. it must exist (empty or if not, the
migration table should be at the correct level [you are specifying 0])

On Apr 24, 2014, at 8:23 AM, Matthias Jakob <ja...@ementals.de> wrote:

> Thank you David, John,
>
> Tested and found out that the first deployment on a fresh server works fine
> with migrations. Uninstall WAR Application, delete Tables, Install again -
> start - no migrations are executed  ;-(
> Glassfish, Websphere same behavior ...
>

> Why? Confused ;-(
>
> Thank you,
> Matthias
>

> Am 23.04.2014 um 20:29 schrieb David Avendasora <webobje...@avendasora.com>:
>
>> I may be incorrect, but I don’t think migrations have ever been able to
>> *create* a database. I think you have always needed the DB to exist first,
>> then migrations can create schemas, tables, constraints, etc.
>>
>> It has been a long time since I tried to start from scratch, so it is
>> entirely possible that I’m completely wrong. :-) (shocking, I know)
>>
>> Sir Socks
>>

>> On Apr 22, 2014, at 6:22 PM, Matthias Jakob <ja...@ementals.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there!
>>> I’ve got a problem with my web.xml JNDI JDBC entry in Servlet Deployment
>>> and migrations.
>>>
>>> Using the web.xml entry
>>>
>>> <resource-ref>
>>> <description>MS SQL Server</description>
>>> <res-ref-name>jdbc/TEST</res-ref-name>
>>> <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>>> <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>>> <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
>>> </resource-ref>
>>>
>>> It works fine with an already created database  and a „Properties" database
>>> config.
>>> With an already created database and a switch from properties to JNDI JDBC
>>> all is fine ;-) (database operations are done ..)
>>>
>>> But if I clean my DB and start form zero, no migration is done with
>>> JNDI/JDBC entry?
>>>
>>> It’s an ERXApplication, the properties are right I think:
>>>
>>> # Migrations
>>> er.migration.migrateAtStartup=true
>>> er.migration.createTablesIfNecessary=true
>>> er.migration.modelNames=Test