Hi Jens,

does your wo-form set 'enctype="multipart/form-data"' ? (AFAIK it is necessary,
if you are using WOFileUpload)

If so, try to use the following in your Application's constructor:

public class Application extends ERXApplication {
        public Application() {
                WOMessage.setDefaultEncoding("UTF-8");
                WOMessage.setDefaultURLEncoding("UTF-8");
                ERXMessageEncoding.setDefaultEncoding("UTF8");
                ERXMessageEncoding.setDefaultEncodingForAllLanguages("UTF8");
        }
}

I also had the problem with umlauts and this helped me.

C.U.CW
--
What are the three enemies of a programmer? Sunlight, oxygen, and the appalling
roar of the birds.