I was just playing with this and I can not get the boolean value to appear
without the quotes

100 : (entity.name = 'Instrument' or entity.name = 'Person') =>
isEntityEditable = "true" [com.webobjects.directtoweb.BooleanAssignment]

also I could not get the LHS to appear with the extra parenthesis that you
have. If I add them, they are removed when I save the rues file.

Are you using the new Treasure boat  TBRuleModeler?

Ted