Is the child EC locked?

On 2014-06-18, 2:27 PM, "Benjamin Chew" wrote:

Hi All,

I'm new to dealing with child editing contexts and am wondering if anyone can
help shed some light on this issue.

So I have a parent EC and a child EC, and I fetch an object into the child EC.
I then modify the object by using code like this:

EOEditingContext tempEC = ERXEC.newEditingContext();

Object objectInTempEC = theObject.localInstanceIn(tempEC);

objectInTempEC.setFlag(1);

tempEC.saveChanges();

The change gets saved to the database and is propagated to the parent EC
(because it is a peer to the "tempEC"), but the problem is that the change
doesn't then get propagated down to the child EC.

Does anyone know why this happens and what to do about it?

As usual, thanks in advance!

Ben